Happy Sunday peeps!! I hope you’ve had an amazing week filled with so many wonderful things to be thankful for.
Last week was the first “These thankful things” of what I hope will be many. If you missed it you can visit it here:
I have been looking forward to writing this post and being able to share some of the things that have bought joy, comfort and calm to my life this week. It’s been a busy week and I’m a bit late publishing this post because I went away with my peeps for the weekend (definitely something to be thankful for).
This week’s thankful things include:
- this blog and the teeny tiny handful of people who actually know about it and have read some of my posts. I am still learning about the whole blogging/writing thing. Putting myself out there is extremely daunting and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read these posts. Thank you so much!
- Brene Brown’s The Gifts of Imperfection…such an enjoyable and inspirational read. I clearly have been living under a rock; having only just found out Brene Brown exists I want to learn more…more about Brene, about vulnerability, about courage and about ‘showing up and letting myself be seen’…just purchased her book Daring Greatly as my next read and I can’t wait to get reading.
- a wonderfully relaxed weekend away with my peeps by the beach in one of our favourite holiday spots….reading in bed; watching the ocean from our balcony; walking along the coast; going rollerskating (something I haven’t done in 30 years and my daughter had never done….so much fun!); and just enjoying each other’s company.
- Masterchef…the new season has started and I am hooked. I used to watch it religiously years ago but when life got busy I forgot all about it….cooking shows are a long lost guilty pleasure which I plan on bringing back…the added bonus of watching Masterchef is that it’s becoming a family affair with my peeps joining me on the couch…I’m not sure if it’s for the show, the mouthwatering food or to laugh at my commentary…I do like to talk to the contestants like they can hear me.
- two minute noodles (on the couch while watching Masterchef)….not the world’s healthiest dinner but the perfect comfort food after a 4 hr drive back home from our little break.
What are you thankful for?