How is it the end of November already? I feel like I blinked and missed a whole month.
Christmas is so close…I can feel it…and I’m getting excited. The tree is up and there’s lights on the outside of my house…we are decorated ….and I’m starting to think about our Christmas feast. This year I’m hosting the family get-together and I can’t wait! Anyone else excited for Christmas?
This month I’ve been trying to work my way through my TBR pile in anticipation of all those bookish Christmas gifts and 2020 reads. I’ve been reading more books at once than I ever have…most of them non-fiction so that I am able to go backwards and forwards between them all depending on my mood. I’m not quite finished; with a few books still on the go and one left completely untouched on the shelf.
November was a bit of a mixed bag rating-wise; with barely a stand-out book. Most books were either 2 or 4 stars. I did enjoy Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane, giving it 4/5 stars and I found a new ‘must read’ author after reading The Girls by Lisa Jewell. You can read my mini review here.
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane – 4/5
- 488 Rules For Life by Kitty Flanagan – 2/5
- The Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer – 2/5
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes – 4/5
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum – 3/5
- Fair Play by Eve Rodsky – 4/5
- Adultery by Paulo Coelho – 2/5
- The Mother’s Promise by Sally Hepworth – 4/5
- The Girls by Lisa Jewell – 4/5
I hope you had a wonderfully bookish month. What were your favourite reads for November?
Want to share your thoughts and feelings about any of these books or anything else you are reading? Please comment below. I’d love to chat!!