Happy new year (and new decade) bookish peeps!!! I hope you’ve all had an amazing start to 2020.
I’ve been M.I.A in the blogging world in recent weeks; busy celebrating an early Christmas with family before heading off on a highly anticipated roadtrippin’ adventure with hubby to sunny Adelaide for some much needed rest, relaxation and romance.
While we were away I took a ridiculous number of photos; saw some stunning old buildings; visited the zoo; spent lots of time reading, taking afternoon naps and catching up on a year’s worth of sleep (or so it seemed).
The break was exactly what I needed after the stresses of last year.
Deeply focused on relaxation and personal restoration, I’ve been having a little rethink about what I can reasonably be expected to accomplish blogging and reading wise around work, study and two (not quite) grown children. And what I would really like to accomplish this year.
Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- fewer posts but of higher quality
- simplifying my process and learning how to schedule posts
- putting less pressure on myself to keep up with other bloggers
- taking time to foster bookish friendships
- sharing some of my own photography on the blog
- being more creative
- reading 75 books this year
- reading for enjoyment
- not getting carried away by all the shiny books on Bookstgram and following my own interests when choosing books
- reading more thrillers /domestic dramas
- reading less self-help
- joining and participating in a book club
A new look:
With the new year, I also decided to try a new look; creating a simpler, ‘more me’ version of what was already established. It’s a little less girly and a bit chunkier (because I’m a little bit chunkier after Christmas…lol) but much easier to use and navigate. I’m really loving it and hope that you will too.
Until next time…