Hey bookish peeps!!
I was nominated by the ever so lovely Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award….my first nomination for anything ever!!! Thank you so much Emer for thinking of me x
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Emer’s 11 Questions
What is your all time favourite book?
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern….it’s the book I always recommend to everyone. I haven’t read it for 4 years and I only read it once but it has stood out in my memory ever since.
What is your favourite non-bookish hobby?
When I’m not doing something bookish, you can find me taking photographs. I’ve just bought a starter DSLR and I’m learning to úse it. I’m interested in having a play with some photo editing apps in the near future…with the help of my digitally talented son.
If you could cast anyone to play you in the film of your life who would you choose?
The first person that came to mind is Reese Witherspoon…so I’m going with that. I really like her as a person and as an actress (although she is not my favourite actress) and from what I know of her we are quite similar. In different circumstances….like if she wasn’t a star….we could be good friends.
What is your favourite genre of books to read?
I have to pick only one?? I mostly read contemporary fiction….something with a bit of drama.
If you could have any superhero power, what power would you choose?
Speed reading…that’s a superhero power isn’t it? 😉
What is your favourite song right now?
I’ve got this one on repeat…….Speechless – Dan + Shay
Who is the author you have read most books by?
Liane Moriarty…although Taylor Jenkins Reid is fast catching up.
Do you like to read the book before you see the film?
What is your favourite format of book to read (paperback, eBook, audiobook etc.)?
Paperback…they smell and feel so good….there’s not much better than piles of paperbacks stacked all around the house.
Are you a member of any book groups either in real life or online?
Not yet but I would like to be.
What is the blog post you are most proud of writing? Share a link.
My proudest blog post (so far) is this book review: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate because it got me my first notice from an author. I was so excited when Lisa messaged to tell me she liked my review….yes it was most likely her assistant or someone but still….EXCITING!
And there you go…that’s my answers…..thanks Emer for some great questions …
And now it’s my turn to nominate 11 bookish friends:
No need to feel obligated if I’ve tagged you. It’s OK if tags and awards aren’t for you. But if you would like to participate, here’s your 11 questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What is your favourite book of all time?
- Do you prefer to read series or stand-alone novels?
- What is your preferred format to read – paperback, hardcover, audio, e-book?
- What is the last book you recommended to someone?
- Are you a re-reader or is one time enough?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- What is your favourite non-bookish hobby?
- Books – purchase or borrow?
- Early bird or night owl?
- What is your standard tea/coffee order?