Here I am with another Sunshine Blogger Award from the ever-so wonderful Emer @ A Little Haze Book Blog.
Thanks stacks Emer for the nomination ❤
Emer was one of my first book blogging friends and her blog is a little piece of fabulousness in a crazy world. If you haven’t visited her yet …absolutely do it!!!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Emer’s 11 Questions:
What is your favourite bookish trope?
Friends to lovers – because sometimes you just need to read something sweet…like the slow realisation that that close ‘best friend type’ love has crossed over into something more like ‘love-love’.
Favourite take away/take out order?
I’m a huge McFeast fan….both my children have part-time jobs at McDonalds so I often treat myself to a McFeast on the weekends. There’s something about the tomato sauce, mustard and mayonnaise mixed together that I love. I often crave one….and actually when I was pregnant with my first baby (21 years ago) I ate a McFeast a day. I couldn’t get enough.
It’s a dark and stormy winter’s night. What book would you curl up beside the fire to reread?
Up until recently I would have said The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern…but now I think I’d probably opt for something lighter, more feel-good romantical…like The Switch by Beth O’Leary.
What type of fantasy books are your favourites? E.g. High fantasy, Urban, magical realism etc.
I’m not a huge fan of the fantasy genre but if I did have to choose it would most likely be magical realism.
Who is your all time favourite author?
Um….it’s too hard to name just one….I haven’t been back into reading all that long and I’m forever finding new favourite authors….
Also I’m old and I’ve all but forgotten who I used to read way back when…when the kids were little, I was home a lot more and I had time to read.
Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket kept on or off?
I NEVER read hardbacks…the size of them and the awkwardness of the whole jacket thing puts me off them altogether. If I was going to read them I’d definitely take the jacket off.
Do you like to keep your books in pristine condition or are you happy to write in them or dog ear them etc?
I wouldn’t purposely mess them up by writing in them or dog-earing them but I do like a book that looks like it’s been read and loved….like they’ve been carted to and from work in a handbag every day….which they have.
What is your favourite song right now?
Have you any other hobbies besides reading?
Is Netflix a hobby? Instagram? Pinterest?
TBH I don’t have a lot of spare time outside of work, this blog and my family…I try to journal, to yoga and to go for regular walks….but often that all falls flat.
You are having a fancy dinner party and can invite three fictional bookish characters and/or authors. Who are the three?
Ok…so I’m an introvert and there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I would have a dinner party…fancy or otherwise….the anxiety would kill me….but if we were to pretend, I’d probably invite:
- Nina – The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman – she’s just as bookish and introverted as me, we both suffer from social anxiety and we both love cats like they’re people.
- Leon – The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary – he is just so lovely and would be my bookish love interest if I had to choose one.
- Eileen – The Switch by Beth O’Leary – she’s like the grandmother I always wanted but never had.
It’s no coincidence that two of these characters are written by Beth O’Leary…she writes the most wonderful characters.
What are your feelings on loaning your books to friends and family?
Other than my sisters, I don’t have any IRL reading friends or family.
I’m always happy to lend them my books but they have such different reading tastes to mine I doubt I’d have anything on my shelves that they’d be interested in reading.
Nominating 11 bookish friends:
Christine @ Life With All The Books
No need to feel obligated if I’ve tagged you. It’s OK if tags and awards aren’t for you. But if you would like to participate, here’s your 11 questions:
- What is your favourite bookish trope?
- Favourite take away / take out order?
- It’s a dark and stormy winter’s night. What book would you curl up beside the fire to reread?
- What type of fantasy books are your favourites? E.g. High fantasy, Urban, magical realism etc.
- Who is your all time favourite author?
- Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket kept on or off?
- Do you like to keep your books in pristine condition or are you happy to write in them or dog ear them etc?
- What is your favourite song right now?
- Have you any other hobbies besides reading?
- You are having a fancy dinner party and can invite three fictional bookish characters and/or authors. Who are the three?
- What are your feelings on loaning your books to friends and family?
I’m cheating a little and using Emer’s questions.
Can’t wait to see your answers!
One thought on “The Sunshine Blogger Award #2”
Omg Eileen from The Switch would be an amazing dinner party guest! She would be so much fun
LikeLiked by 1 person