Happy Sunday beautiful, bookish people!!!
I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing, you are staying safe and well in these craziest of times.
I am STILL waiting for my government to make the smart decision to shut us all down but until then I am still going to work, still cuddling the babies (because there’s no social distancing in childcare) and still being overrun by anxiety….most of the time.
I have stocked my kitchen and begun to look at meal ideas that I can stretch into two. I have begun to create a list of things that I can do once/while we’re in lockdown, anticipating a need to keep my mind going, …and I’ve been stocking up on books.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (Paperback) ⭐⭐⭐⭐…a compelling read…I didn’t love the characters…particularly Roy….and that ending kinda just left me flat. But it was well written, thought provoking and I can see why it has won or been nominated for the prizes it has. Definitely worth a read!
- Verity by Colleen Hoover (Audiobook) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐…WOWSERS!!!! Did not see that coming! Read it in a day…it was just that riveting.
- This Will Only Hurt A Little by Busy Philipps (Audiobook) ⭐⭐⭐…just so-so….seemed a bit whiney 🥺 and winey 🍷 tbh….while some of it was interesting, I didn’t really get the LOLs I was hoping for.
- Look How Happy I’m Making You by Polly Rosenwaike (Paperback)
- If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane (Audiobook)
- Grown Ups – Marian Keyes (eARC)
Goodreads Reading Challenge: 25/75…look at that…a third of the way..YAY!!
Hope you’re spending at least some of your time immersed in a good book. Take care and happy reading!!!