Happy Easter Chocolate Egg Day!!!!!
Hope you have all found a way to celebrate from a distance with your loved ones.
We had our first family Zoom ‘meeting’ today…… a hilarious way to spend some quality time together and make sure eveyone is doing OK during isolation.
How are you all coping with isolation? …or in my case, not being isolated when you would rather be? What are doing to keep yourself amused?
Other than leaving the house for work, I’ve been relaxing most of the time. I’ve rearranged my reading room, worked on my journals, dragged my crochet out of the cupboard and watch some YouTube with my daughter. I’ve struggled to read….wanting to… but not having enough motivation to pick up a book. Anyone else?
Last week I had nothing to wrap up, having not read anything, but this week I’ve managed to get some reading and writing done. Yay!!
- Look How Happy I’m Making You by Polly Rosenwaike (Paperback) ⭐⭐⭐⭐…a collection of stories about pregnancy, new motherhood, infertility, miscarriage and post-partum depression. A raw and beautiful portrayal of some of the most intimate parts of a woman’s life.
- If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane (Audiobook) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐….if you’ve been around here for a while you will know that Mhairi McFarlane is an auto-buy author for me. I have loved everything she has ever written and this would have to be one of my faves; completely deserving of all the stars.
- Grown Ups by Marian Keyes (eARC) ⭐⭐⭐…bit of a disappointment from such a wildly popular author…maybe I was expecting too much…but this was my first Keyes’ novel and I probably won’t be giving her a second chance. Oops! I know that’s harsh….but life’s too short to read books you don’t enjoy.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (Paperback)
- The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock by Jane Riley (Audiobook)
- The Other Family by Loretta Nyhan (eARC)